Strong confidence in the vaccines within communities leads to more people getting vaccinated, which leads to fewer COVID-19 illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths.
Six Ways to Help Build COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence
- Encourage leaders in your family, community, or organizations to be vaccine champions.
- Have discussions about COVID-19 vaccines where people can openly discuss their views and ask questions.
- Share key messages through multiple channels that people trust and that promote action.
- Help educate people about COVID-19 vaccines, how they are developed and monitored for safety, and how individuals can talk to others about the vaccines.
- Learn more about finding credible vaccine information. When you come across COVID-19 information, cross-check with CDC.gov and learn how to respond to misinformation you encounter.
- When vaccine is offered to you, make visible your decision to get vaccinated and celebrate it!